I know I should eat breakfast, but it is seriously so much easier to skip it when I don’t have time – oops. I also get so bored with the same old muffin, toast or whatever pops out of my kitchen in the morning.Enter the breakfast sandwich maker. There are many types of quickie breakfast gadgets on the market, but the one I used in this recipe is made by Hamilton Beach. You could just mix up the ingredients and toss it in a small frying pan, but the sandwich maker just makes it so much easier…seriously.
However you choose to make this frittata, you will have an amazing, tasty breakfast that you can easily get done in 5 minutes or less. How cool is that!
Artichoke, Roasted Pepper and Ricotta Frittata,
- Preheat breakfast sandwich maker
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp chopped drained, oil-packed or marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 roasted red bell pepper chopped
- 1 tbsp ricotta cheese
- Pinch salt optional
- Nonstick cooking spray
- In a small bowl, gently whisk egg. Stir in artichoke hearts, roasted peppers and cheese. Season with salt (if using).
- Lower the cooking plate and both rings of sandwich maker. Lightly spray the cooking plate with cooking spray. Pour the egg mixture into the top ring.
- Gently close the cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until frittata is cooked to your liking. Rotate cooking plate away from sandwich maker and lift rings. Use a plastic or nylon spatula to remove the frittata. Serve immediately.
Crumbled feta cheese is a nice alternative to ricotta in this recipe. Feta has a tarter and saltier taste, so you likely won’t want to add the pinch of salt.
Ricotta is available in a range of fat options, from nonfat to whole milk.