This salad is so pleasing and colorful to look at that it just screams for you to dive in and taste it’s deliciousness. The shear variety of vegetables and greens is enough to leave you satisfied, but combine that with the tofu and you have a complete meal packed with a boatload of nutrition.
The sweet, slightly spicy creamy Thai dressing adds just the right dressing for this salad. If you ever have been cautious or afraid to try Thai foods, this dish is a great introduction that will encourage you to try more!
Crunchy Thai Kale Salad
A colorful, crunchy Thai-inspired salad with kale, carrots, radishes, sesame-tofu and a spicy-sweet peanut dressing.
Prep Time: 20 Min
Total Time: 20 Min
- 4-5 cups packed curly curly or lacinato kale
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 3 small radishes thinly sliced (or sub 1/4 cup sliced red onion)
- 1/4 cup cubed firm tofu (organic non-GMO if possible)
- 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 Tbsp agave maple syrup (or honey if not vegan)
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds (you’ll have leftover)
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 3-4 Tbsp peanut sauce for topping
- 1/4 cup salted natural peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce (certified GF if gluten free)
- 2-3 Tbsp brown sugar (or sub agave maple syrup or honey if not vegan)
- 1/2 lime Juice of – (~1.5 Tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp chili garlic sauce
- Hot water
- Optional: Sriracha for a little heat
- Drain tofu by wrapping in a towel and pressing gently. Let rest for 5 minutes. Then unwrap, cube and toss in 1 Tbsp sesame seeds. If you don’t like raw tofu, check out this “Make Taste Taste Good” recipe! Just omit the sesame seeds so they don’t burn in the oven.
- Prepare peanut sauce by whisking all ingredients together except the water. Then add in 1 Tbsp very hot water a little at a time until pourable. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Add kale to a large mixing bowl and drizzle over 1 tsp lime juice and 1/2 Tbsp each toasted sesame oil and agave. Massage with hands for 1 minute to incorporate ingredients and soften the leaves.
- Add kale to serving plate or bowl and top with sliced radishes, carrot and sesame-tofu. Drizzle with peanut sauce and serve immediately. Leftovers store well, even lightly dressed. Will keep refrigerated for up to a couple days, though best when fresh.
Amount Per Serving
Fat: 26 g
Sugar: 26 g
Carbohydrate: 59 g
Fiber: 9 g
Protein: 22 g