Melt-in-your-mouth slivers of beef are treated to a medium spicy enchilada sauce, layered with cheese and then swaddled in a flour tortilla. Topping this dish is another drizzling of enchilada sauce and of course more of that heavenly 4 Cheese Mexican. Sargento’s 4 Cheese Mexican makes it even easier to prepare this dish since the flavorful combination of Mexican cheese is together in one handy package. Sargento cheese is always full flavored and moist.
See if this dish becomes one of your families favorites as it has mine!
Easy Cheese and Beef Burritos
- 3 lbs boneless beef chuck roast ,cut into 1-1/2 inch chunks
- 2 cups enchilada sauce ,divided
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 16 oz can refried beans ,optional
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 2-1/2 cups Sargento 4 Cheese Mexican ,divided
- Chopped green onions
- Cilantro leaves ,optional
- In a large Dutch oven, add beef chunks and 1 cup enchilada sauce. Dissolve bouillon in 1 cup water and pour over the beef.
- Over medium-high heat, bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, 3 to 4 hours or until beef is fork tender.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Assemble 1 burrito at a time. Place a tortilla on a plate and using a slotted spoon, spoon about 1/3 cup beef in the center of the tortilla. Spoon about 2 tbsp black beans on top, if using. Sprinkle each with about 2-1/2 tbsp cheese. Fold in bottom and sides of tortilla and roll up. Place tortillas seam-side down in a greased 13 by 9-inch baking dish.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce down the center of the burritos. Sprinkle remaining cheese down the middle.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with green onions. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Slow cooker version:
In step 1, add all ingredients to your slow cooker. Slow cook on low 6 to 8 hours or until meat is tender. Continue with the remaining steps. Electric pressure cooker version:
In step 1, dissolve bouillon in 1/2 cup water. Add all ingredients to your pressure cooker. Pressure cook on high for 30 minutes. When the cooking time is done, let stand for 10 minutes before releasing the pressure. Continue with the remaining steps.