This Cilantro Lime Chicken is not only easy to make and easy to clean up, but it will make your taste buds swoon. There is nothing like the first week of Spring to get your heart set on firing up the grill.
Zesty Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts each about 4 oz/125 g
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper sliced crosswise
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1/2-inch (1 cm) strips
- 1 small onion sliced crosswise and rings separated
- Juice of 1 lime
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Place chicken breasts between 2 sheets of plastic wrap on a cutting board. Using the meat mallet, pound chicken to an even 1/2-inch (1 cm) thickness.
- Discard plastic wrap and place a chicken breast on each prepared foil sheet. Brush both sides of chicken with butter. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with garlic and top with jalapeño, red pepper and onion, dividing evenly. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with lime juice and cilantro. Fold foil into tent-style packets and seal edges tightly.
- Place packets on preheated grill and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
You can get more recipes like these for the Grill, Oven and Campfires by searching my site or by getting my new cookbook 150 Best Recipes for Cooking in Foil with loads of fun recipes.