This classic Greek salad is the epitome of how fresh vegetables, olives, cheese, herbs, and a tasty light vinaigrette can make the perfect side dish or be just as satisfying as a main dish. Make it as a side salad and save any leftovers for lunch.
Classic Greek Salad
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon , zest and juice of
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp honey
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oi
- 5 Persian cucumbers , halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 12 small roma tomatoes , cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives , halved
- 1 small red onion , chopped
- 4 oz feta cheese cubes packed in brine
- In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, honey, 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until emulsified.
- Add the cucumbers, tomatoes, olives and red onion to the vinaigrette; tossing to combine. Let stand for 15 minutes to meld flavors.
- Spoon salad on to serving plates and serve sprinkled with feta cubes.