These delicious Spanish-inspired cucumber rolls are like a little taste of Spring. They make for a great afternoon snack, or you can use them as a healthy appetizer to impress your dinner guests! Best of all, they are full of natural ingredients and flavors that are great for your health.
Spanish Cucumber Rolls
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1/4 cup Greek style yogurt
- 1 clove roasted garlic mashed
- 2 Tbsp. roasted red pepper finely diced
- 2 Tbsp. black olives packed in water finely diced
- 2 Tbsp. sliced almonds toasted
- 1 Tbsp. parsley finely minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- saffron A very very, very small pinch of
- Pepper to taste
- Fresh chive stems for tying rolls
- Using a mandoline, slice the cucumber lengthwise into long, thin strips. Lay the strips on paper toweling to absorb
- excess moisture, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add yogurt, garlic, red pepper, black olives, almonds, parsley, salt, and saffron, then stir to
- combine. Season with pepper to taste.
- To make rolls, place a rounded teaspoonful of the filling on one end of each cucumber strip, then gently roll and
- tie in place with fresh chive stems.
- Chill, and serve.